2013 YOUNG GUNS:
This is a class designed for 10 to 18 year olds and any women up to 65 and will remain close to stock as
possible and the track reserves the right to promote any driver up at any time with out prior notice.
1. Body: Stock auto only. Inter panel may be removed; must have stock front firewall in stock location and
floor pan. Must have rear firewall or driver compartment must be boxed in. Rear of car must be closed (No
holes or flaps) and Aluminum doors and fenders okay; must retain stock shape and appearance;
aftermarket nose okay. Must run hood; must run rear deck lid. May have 2 ½" hood scoop must be boxed
in. No ground effects or skirts NO WEDGE BODIES!
2. Chassis: Must have roll cage and all safety equipment cage must be secured to unibody; may tie
chassis together on top of floor pan only.
3. Suspension: Must be stock suspension. No screw jacks. Lowering blocks OK;Adjustable cups OK.
(springs must be in stock location),Racing springs OK. May run spring buckets, caster and camber plates
OK. May cut A frame for caster & camber, Steel body non adjustable Racing shocks or struts OK; must be
in stock location on stock mounts. NO heims. May change pinion angle by cutting rear top control arm only.
Bushings may be steel or nylon. Pan hard bar may be cut but must have stock ends, non adjustable.
4. Rear End: Any stock up to 7.5" for make of car; NO lightening allowed. Gear must have factory
production # or logo. May lock bt welding NO full spools, mini spool OK. NO gun drilled axles. Axles subject
to compare to known stock. Housing cannot be modified for gear clearance.
5. Brakes: Stock for make of car; may have racing pedals with one master cylinder ; NO adjustment, all
four wheel working brakes. NO drilled rotors or drums lightened on the outside.
6. Wheels: Any steel up to 7". May be reinforced. Large wheel studs okay. Bead lock will be allowed on
right rear side.
7. Tires: 60 or 70 series across the counter street tire. NO racing recaps of any style.
8. Drive shaft: 1 1/2" OD or larger steel. Must be painted white with car number on it.
9. Transmission: Stock. Must have all working gears. Must have safety loop.
10. Flywheel: Stock must weigh 16 pounds no scalloped flywheel. Must have stock or stock replacement
clutch and pressure plate.7.5 "Min. (May balance with weld or drill holes only and must be outside of clutch
disc ring) Studs for pressure plate ok. Cannot relocate bolt hole pattern.
11. Engine Location: Stock. NO engine set back!
12. Fuel: 110 racing fuel or pump gas!!!Must pass track test. Fuel tank must be mounted inside of trunk.
13. Weight: 1 pound per CC, (2000 lb minimum) Car's CC must be posted on hood. Must have correct CC
for the engine you are running. Formula for cc's Bore x Bore x .7854 x Stroke 4 = cid. Then divide by .061.
(Tech man will allow 5cc's for wear only).
14. Engine Specs: No rotary or turbo or double OHC permitted (NO vacuum Pumps). * Block: OEM only
.080 over bore maximum. * Crank: Stock Crank. Stock stroke. No knife edging or lightening of any kind
allowed. Main or rod journals can't be turned more than .040" under stock. * Rods: any Steel. * Piston:
Any flat top. Toyota 1800 may run dome of .235" max. 20R may run dome of .125" max. * Oil pan: Any wet.
* Heads: OEM can be changed from one size engine to another. May have competition valve job, Valve
guide boss must remain stock. All angles must be concentric with valve guide. May bowl cut. * Valve: Any
steel valve stock diameter under cut stem OK. * Valve Springs: Single spring with or without damper; must
be steel, doubles OK. * Retainers: Any steel. * Cam: Max Lift .425" with .025" lash at valve for solid and 0
lash for hydraulic, no rollers. * Lifter: Stock and diameter. Solid OK. * Intake: OEM only; may be bored
straight down for clearance, no radius or blending. No fuel injection manifolds except for Chevrolet and any
other engine which came only with fuel injection.May modify for carburetor, but must be approved before
race. Water Pump No electric. * Fuel Pump: Stock or electric. * Carburetor: Stock 4 cylinder carburetor for
make of car. Must have air horn with #, may cut end of screw, No thinning of shafts, No grinding or
polishing. Float bowl must face towards front of engine.22R OK on Nissan.Holley 350 OK. Spacer: 1600
&1800 can run ½ adapter for 22r carb. 2 gasket only @.070 max thick each Adapter: Can run Stock
adapter for carburetor with 2 gaskets only @ .070" max thickness each or may run 1 stock gasket with out
adapter. * Ignition: Stock. Mel's ignition ok,Billet OK, crank trigger ok for Chevy. * Header: Stock cast iron
exhaust manifold only. * After one win driver or car must start his next race from the rear. Special events
are no exception, (except the 4 cyl.. Nationals the only race per year) and the following event will have the
car starting from the rear. * Protest: (Two things only) $300.00 with track retaining $200.00 * Bottom end
only protest: $500.00 with track retaining $200.00 * Under hood visual protest: $25.00 (After heats only)